7:00 PM - 9:00 PM BVAHS Spring Concert
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM Keystone Exams - Algebra 1 and Senior 4th Q. Common Assessments
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM Keystone Exams - Literature and 4th Q. Common Assessments
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM SCHOOL BOARD Work Session (DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION OFFICE)
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM Keystone Exams - Biology and Senior 4th Q. Common Assessments
|Message from the Principals:|
We would like to extend a warm welcome to the Belle Vernon Area High School, home of the Leopards. Belle Vernon Area High School has a longstanding tradition of excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics. Our goal is to develop educated and responsible citizens ready to adapt to and make significant contributions to the needs of our 21 century society.
Our wish is to see that everyone has a very successful school year. This can only happen if we all work together. Our focus is simple: Student Learning! We will address this focus by examining the following questions:
1. What is it that we want the students to learn?
2. How do we know if they learned it?
3. What do we do if they did not learn it? How do we push those that did learn it even further?
4. How do we make learning fun, relevant, and challenging
All of us: staff, families, and students must do our part in order to develop a strong partnership and carry on the torch of success. As a school, we will model the focus of cooperation, teamwork, dedication, and work ethic by treating you and your family with respect. We will also be responsible in providing you with a challenging curriculum and knowing the needs of you the student. In return, we will expect results shown through your attitude, work ethic, academic performance, respect, and behavior in the classroom and in the community.
The Administration, faculty and staff are always willing to assist you with any concern or issue. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to seek assistance.
|Belle Vernon Area School District provides a learning environment designed to motivate students to perform to high levels of academic achievement and self-sufficiency. The school environment encourages personal development,confidence building, interaction with others, problem-solving and learning to become ethical, productive and morally upstanding members of a global society.|
"Access the Future Through Excellence in Education"
| In order to prepare students for the 21st century, the Belle Vernon Area School District believes:|
• That all students can learn.
• In providing a safe caring learning environment for everyone which incorporates mutual respect.
• That allocating the proper resources drives student achievement for proficiency in the state standards.
• In providing opportunities for faculty and staff to implement effective research based trends in education.
• That curriculum decisions will be data driven.
• In effective school community/parent partnerships are essentials.
• That up-to-date technology integration is necessary for continued success.
• In a continuous learning ethic.
• In promoting moral and ethical behavior.
Spring Concert Schedule
High School Auditorium
May 5th - 7 p.m.
May 11 - 7 p.m.
May 12 - 7 p.m.