SPONSOR: Mme Babko
Vote for your favorite French Club t-shirt design by Friday, January 4. You must be logged in to your BVA Google Account to access the ballot.
The French Club aims to promote enthusiasm for the French language and francophone cultures through activities, projects, discussion, and snacks!
Who can join?
The French Club is open to all French students and anyone with an interest in the French language or francophone cultures. It is recommended that you be enrolled in French 1 or above. The French Club is also open to students who have taken French in the past but are unable to take it this year.
The club meets once a month. Meetings are announced on this webpage, in French classes, and on the daily announcements. We meet in the French room (Room 305).
How much are the dues?
Dues are $10 for the year. This money goes towards snacks and supplies. Members may also be asked to contribute an item for one to two meetings.When does the club meet?The club meets once per month in room 305 (the French room). Meetings are announced on this website, on the daily announcements, and in all French classes.
- “Wine” (sparkling grape juice) & cheese tasting in celebration of the Montmartre wine harvest
- French movie night—with popcorn!
- Fête de Noël with “des souliers secrets” (Secret Santa)
- Crêpe making for Chandeleur
- Mardi Gras festival with the crowning of a king and queen
- Field trip to the ballet, Bistro 66, Heinz History Center
- Celebration of National French Week
- Fundraiser for a special needs school in Togo, Africa
- Participation in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life